Recipe by bayousong
This is one of our favorite breakfasts. The original recipe was for four servings, but since there are just two of us, I divided the recipe and make two individual servings. Any cheese or cooked meat can be used. It is great with smoked salmon (my favorite). If using salmon, add some dill weed. Please note that prep time does not include standing time.
Top Review by DeniseBC
The hardest part was finding the right dish to bake them in! I wound up using two au gratin dishes and splitting each half of the English muffin in half to fit better in the dish. I used an extra slice of Canadian bacon in each, again for fit. I used a Jarlesberg Light cheese and this was really tasty and not to fattening. I may try Egg Beaters next time, but it was great as is!! Thanks for sharing!!
- 1 English muffin
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon onions, minced or 1 teaspoon green onion, sliced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon grainy mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- This is best if made the night before or you can make and let sit an hour on the counter before baking.
- Grease a smal individual souffle dish, about two cup size.
- Place half of the muffin in greased dish.
- Layer with cheese and meat of choice.
- Top with other half muffin.
- Beat egg, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard until foamy.
- Stir in onion.
- Pour over muffin in dish.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or place on counter for one hour.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for about 35 minutes.