Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I LOVE baking, but my problem is I make a big recipe & then I get sick of it before it is all eaten. So I bought a small-batch baking book! The recipes are great & they make just enough for one or two to enjoy. That way you can try lots more recipes! this is one of these great small batch recipes. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine butter & chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted. Stir in sugar & salt; gradually whisk in cream. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly until mixture is hot & smooth. Do not let it boil.
- Remove the pan from heat & stir in vanilla. Let mixture cool slightly then use it as a warm glaze for cupcakes or brownies, or let it cool until frosting consistency & frost.