Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "The Complete Book of Small Batch Preserving". This recipe can also be used for pickling garlic (3-4 heads).
- 10 -12 fresh jalapeno peppers (depending on size)
- 3⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pack clean jalapenos into clean jars (2 half-pints or 4 half-cup jars).
- Bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan, then pour over chiles in jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe rims, put on lids and rings, and process ten minutes in a boiling water bath to sterilize jars and food, create a vacuum, and melt the sealing compound on the lids.