Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes one quart. Great for when you want to put together some jalapenos out of season. I don't use a water bath on this, since it's just one jar, but you could if you wished.
- 12 -15 large fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove stems from jalapenos and slice.
- Mix sliced jalapenos, along with onion, garlic and carrots in a small bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- Pack into a clean, hot canning jar.
- Bring vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a boil.
- Pour brine over jalapenos, making sure it covers.
- Refrigerate several weeks before using.