Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Green and crimson (from dried cranberries), sweet and tart, from "The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preservation".
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely chopped peeled kiwi fruits (about 8)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place kiwifruit, water, lime juice, and cranberies in a medium non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Add sugar, return to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture will form a light gel on a frozen saucer, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Ladle into hot jars and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.