Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is inspired by the The Gluten free baking book by Donna washburn but I have made many changes that I believe impove the cookies texture and flavor. You could use any bean flour that you like i prefer the flavor of white bean flour also called great northern bean flour but garfava or garbanzo bean flour can work too. This makes only a small batch of cookies that is great when you don't need two dozen cookies.
- 1⁄3 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄4 cup great northern bean flour or 1⁄4 cup garfava flour or 1⁄4 cup bean flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt or 1 teaspoon sour cream or 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl mix the first six dry ingredients together and whisk to make sure everything is well mixed.
- In a small bowl add melted butter add both sugars and mix till nice and lightly fluffly, this can be done by hand with a whisk. Add the yolk, yogurt and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Then add chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Scoop into 1 1/2 tablespoon balls into a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until light and golden.