This recipe is inspired by the The Gluten free baking book by Donna washburn but I have made many changes that I believe impove the cookies texture and flavor. You could use any bean flour that you like i prefer the flavor of white bean flour also called great northern bean flour but garfava or garbanzo bean flour can work too. This makes only a small batch of cookies that is great when you don't need two dozen cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup great northern bean flour or 1/4 cup garfava flour or 1/4 cup bean flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt or 1 teaspoon sour cream or 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- 3In a medium bowl mix the first six dry ingredients together and whisk to make sure everything is well mixed.
- 4In a small bowl add melted butter add both sugars and mix till nice and lightly fluffly, this can be done by hand with a whisk. Add the yolk, yogurt and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- 5Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- 6Then add chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- 7Scoop into 1 1/2 tablespoon balls into a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes until light and golden.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Small Batch Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.2
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 668.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 62.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
great northern bean flour