Recipe by zeldaz51
Thick and deep red, this makes a great topping for pancakes or ice cream, as well as a fat replacement in muffins, according to "The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preservation". You can make this with frozen or fresh cranberries.
- 1 lb cranberries (about 5 c.)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cranberries and apple juice in a medium non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes until cranberries pop, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, then puree mixture in a food processor until smooth. Press through a sieve and discard seeds. Return sieved mixture to saucepan, add maple syrup, honey, and cinnamon and simmer, uncovered, ten minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Ladle into hot jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.