Recipe by zeldaz51
Serve with roasted meats and game, or with baked Brie. A great holiday gift, using fresh or frozen cranberries. Nuts are optional, or substitute another type, like pine nuts. From "The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving".
Top Review by mer@
I just recently started canning different chutney recipes using fruit. Cranberries are one of my favorites and I really enjoyed this particular recipe. I'm sure I will be making it again soon. Thanks for posting!
- 1 small orange
- 1 cinnamon stick, about 4 inches long
- 3 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop orange, peel and all, in a food processor (remove nay seeds first). Combine with cinnamon stick, cloves, water and lemon juice in a medium non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon and cloves.
- Add cranberries and sugar. Return to a boil, reduce heat, sand simmer, uncovered and stirring frequently, until berries pop and mixture forms a light gel, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly, then stir in brandy and almonds.
- Ladle into hot half-pint jars and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.