Recipe by awalde
What could you prepare with some small cute apples of the garden? I created these small apple bags filled with nuts and cinnamon.
- 15 small apples (about 750g)
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g walnuts
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500 g puff pastry, ready made
- sugar, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble the walnuts and the almonds with a food processor.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and half of the beaten egg.
- Form with this mixture as many small balls as you have apples.
- Peel the apples remove the core but let the fruit entire.
- Fill the apples with the mixture.
- Wrap each apple with puff pastry.
- Brush some egg on top and dip in sugar.
- Bake at 150°C for 40 minutes or until golden (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- Serve it hot or cold and enjoy!