Recipe by Chelly Bo
Some Vegetarian Burgers Can Be Quite Plain And Boring. This Recipe Is Easy, Fun And Delicious. Enjoy.
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 potato, boiled
- 3 tablespoons sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 4 ounces black beans, drained
- 4 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 4 ounces white beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil your potatoe until tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1-ounce olive oil and all raw vegetables except beans. Saute until translucent. Remove and cool.
- Add veggies including the 1/2 potatoe to beans and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients along with the egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4-6 patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In saute pan add 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Note: patties may be sticky to the touch, just wet your hands as you form the patties. Also if patties do not seem to hold together well, smash some of the beans a little more to help them stay together. Egg may be substituted for more potatoe.