Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like mustard then you're gonna love this refreshing twist on mustard. I love this mustard on pulled pork sandwiches. I know that not traditional for pulled pork but who knows how trends start. I hope you like it as much as I do. Experiment with the heat levels to your liking. Even try substituting different types of ground peppers like chipotle or poblano for slightly different nuances.
- 32 ounces yellow mustard
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne, ground
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons black pepper, fine
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic granules
- Combine in a blender all ingredients except the mustard and blend until smooth, no gritty texture.
- Place the yellow mustard in a large sauce pan on low heat just until it bubbles stirring all the time then add the contents of the blender.
- Add more or less Cayenne to increase or decrease the heat.
- If canning: water bath for 20 minutes.
absolutely wonderful! I make double batches and can it. it goes real fast as everyone likes it. catchy name too!
This is a really nice and tangy sauce. I put in some honey because it was a bit spicy for me. Great on chicken, pork and potatoes.