Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the most loved dish in the Czech Republic.
- 2 slices edam cheese, each 1/3 inch thick (can use some other favourite cheese that has a simillar consistence as Edam cheese-blue cheese,...)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In the begining its good to wash the cheese so the flour would stick on the cheese better when dipping.
- Now take three plates and put flour into one of them, egg and a little bit of milk (just to make it more smooth) and a hint of salt to the second one and the breadcrubs to the third one.
- (you need to mix the egg with milk with a fork so you cant see the yolk, egg white and milk but a kind of orange liquid)
- Dip cheese slices into flour to form a light coating on all surfaces.
- Dip each slice into lightly beaten egg and coat completely.
- Dip each slice into breadcrumbs and coat completely, pat crumbs onto any areas that are not coated.
- If needed repeat the point 4. and 5.- tastes better.
- Pour oil into deep frying pan to a depth of 1/2 inch. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully place slices in pan and fry on one side until golden-brown.
- Turn and fry on the other side until golden brown. Pay attention so the cheese doesnt get out from the "coat"!
- Serve with french fries and tatar sauce/ketchup.
Very delicious and appetizing! I served with catsup. For breadcrumbs I used Soft Bread Crumbs. Thanks, Chef #553214! Made for Eggs and Dairy Tag Game.
Perfect if your craving just a few bites as a snack! I served it with my zippy red sauce