Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a beautiful slushy pink party punch! The rhubarb adds a slight tartness so this isn't overpoweringly sweet like some punches. It's a great use for all that rhubarb in my freezer and my children love it too! Cook time includes freeze and thaw time.
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 cup lemonade concentrate
- 2 liters 7-Up soda (or other clear soda)
- strawberry slices, for garnish,if desired
- of fresh mint, for garnish,if desired
- Bring the rhubarb and 4 cups water to boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5-8 minutes, till rhubarb is soft.
- Mash rhubarb and press through sieve to remove pulp.
- Discard pulp.
- To the rhubarb juice add the sugar, 3 cups water, orange juice and lemonade concentrates.
- Freeze till solid, about 4 hours.
- Thaw about 45 min-1 hour before serving.
- Scraping slush off the top as it thaws, place equal amounts of slush and 7up in each glass.
- Stir and serve.