Recipe by Muffin Goddess
My mom gave me this recipe, and I think she said she got it from Allrecipes. I made it for a work potluck, and everyone loved it (although most of them said it needed some alcohol to perfect it). Nice and fruity, you can use any red Jello flavors that you like, and it (thankfully) lacks the little pools of melted sherbet ick that so many punch recipes have. Freezing time not reflected in prep time (tastes equally good just chilled, if you're short on time).
- 2 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) package wild strawberry gelatin
- 1 (4 ounce) package strawberry-banana gelatin
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart orange juice (as pulpy as you prefer)
- 2 (2 liter) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, water, and Jello powder in a large saucepan.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fruit juices.
- Divide mixture in half, and freeze overnight in two containers (I use two gallon-size freezer Ziplocs).
- Half an hour before serving, remove one bag of slush mixture from the freezer and allow to thaw a bit (a night in the freezer will freeze it solid, you want to thaw it just enough to break it into a uniform slush once soda is added- no icebergs, please) Once mixture is broken up enough, empty bag into punch bowl and stir in one bottle of the soda until slushy.