Recipe by Mercy
My mom always kept this yummy punch onhand growing up in the 70s. My two brothers, who were teenage eating machines and rowed on the crew team in high school, would usually burn through 5 slushy gallons in a couple of days...just between the two of them!
Top Review by bullwinkle
I made this for the Memorial Day Weekend. Everyone liked it so that alone makes it a 5 star recipe. The drink tasted very good. I used raspberry instead of strawberry koolaide. It really does stay slushy all day long in the refrigerator. Very easy to make. Thanks Mercy. Bullwinkle.
- 12 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen lemon juice
- 16 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- 8 (1/4 ounce) packageskool aid powdered drink mix (4 strawberry and 4 orange)
- 4 gallons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the sugar and 4 cups water together to make a simple syrup.
- Remove from heat and add the next 4 ingredients.
- Divide this mixture into 5 empty and clean gallon milk jugs.
- Fill the cartons to near the top with water and store in the freezer (it stays slushy) or chill in the refrigerator.