Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I got this recipe from the caterer at a friends wedding. This is a big crowd pleaser. My daughter requests this punch every year for her birthday. Needs to freeze atleast overnight, preferably 24 hours, so plan ahead!
- 1 (6 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor (I usually use cherry since most kids prefer red)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade
- 1 (48 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups tap water
- 1 liter ginger ale or 1 liter Sprite
- Mix jello and sugar with boiling water until dissolved completely.
- Add lemonade and pineapple juice. Mix well.
- Add tap water and mix well.
- Pour mixture into freezer safe containers or gallon freezer bags. Place in freezer over night.
- Take out to thaw 2 hours before serving.
- If using containers, use butter knife to break up. If using baggies, squish bags to break up.
- Place punch in punch bowl.
- Pour ginger ale over top of punch, stirring to make mixture slushy.
- Depending on how slushy you want your punch, will be the amount of gingerale or Sprite you add.
Great punch!! I made this for my son's 3rd birthday.All the kids loved it and the adults raved about it.We split the mix into two gallon bags and used ginger ale for one and Sprite for the other.We all agreed that it tastes much better with the ginger ale.I will be making it again.
This is the best punch I've ever tasted!! Definitely something everyone can enjoy! Thanks! :)
The flavor of this punch was excellent. We used it for my daughter in laws baby shower. The only problem I encountered was that we needed more ginger ale than the recipe calls for. We used 2 - 2 litre bottles instead of the 1 liter the recipe called for.