Recipe by KaraRN
I got this recipe from the caterer at a friends wedding. This is a big crowd pleaser. My daughter requests this punch every year for her birthday. Needs to freeze atleast overnight, preferably 24 hours, so plan ahead!
Top Review by jolmunroe
Great punch!! I made this for my son's 3rd birthday.All the kids loved it and the adults raved about it.We split the mix into two gallon bags and used ginger ale for one and Sprite for the other.We all agreed that it tastes much better with the ginger ale.I will be making it again.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor (I usually use cherry since most kids prefer red)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade
- 1 (48 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups tap water
- 1 liter ginger ale or 1 liter Sprite
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix jello and sugar with boiling water until dissolved completely.
- Add lemonade and pineapple juice. Mix well.
- Add tap water and mix well.
- Pour mixture into freezer safe containers or gallon freezer bags. Place in freezer over night.
- Take out to thaw 2 hours before serving.
- If using containers, use butter knife to break up. If using baggies, squish bags to break up.
- Place punch in punch bowl.
- Pour ginger ale over top of punch, stirring to make mixture slushy.
- Depending on how slushy you want your punch, will be the amount of gingerale or Sprite you add.