Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Really wanted something to do and make that was healthy and quick for breakfast. I do not like to eat breakfast on workdays as I leave at 6:40 am and tummy is not ready for food. I also want to get in all my veggies and fruits for the day so experimenting on DH (hehehe), I came up with this recipe with some help from the assistant.
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 banana, cut into pieces
- 3 carrots
- 1 stalk celery, destringed and cut into
- 1 cup ice (I use a handful of ice cubes)
- Put all fruits and veggies in a blender , then add in ice and blend to smooth.
- Pour into a large to-go cups or large glasses if at home and enjoy.
- If using a juicer, add fruits and veggies 1 at a time. Crush ice in blender and mix together into a to-go cups or large glasses, stir.
Anytime I find a smoothie recipe with vegies, I'm all over it as it's the only way to get them into toddler DD. I made this and it was okay but not quite sweet enough for us and a bit thick. I added some apple juice to sweeten it up and thin it out and toddler DD drank it that way. Thanks!
Made this for a mid-afternoon drink, & it's an unusual but great smoothie for me! I'd never been big on juicing veggies, so this was different, & in combination with the fruits it was GREAT! I did use a frozen banana in place of the ice & a very small amount of strawberry soda ( 'cause I had some) to give it a little more liquidity! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]