Recipe by Cookin In Texas
These are some that I have to make often. this is a hand me down recipe.
Top Review by Jaymee
Ahhh, this brings back memories of Nanny's "Hungarian Goulash" (nothing Hungarian about it). She did the ground beef, onion, and pepper the same way but added it to cooked wide egg noodles and added one can of diced tomatoes and one can tomato sauce and simmered until hot. That has always been one of my favorites. The best comfort food of all time. Can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 -3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce, to taste
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet add the hamburger, chopped onion and green pepper on medium heat with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cook until hamburger is no longer pink, Drain off fat.
- Add meat,onion and pepper mixture to the pot of cooked macaroni.
- Add the soups,sauces, ketchup,stewed tomatoes and the A-1 sauce to the pot stir to mix.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until all is heated.
- Serve hot with a vegitable side.