Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother used to make this when I was a child. I tweaked it a bit as Mom couldn't cook to save her life. Nice warm winter dinner
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes, undrained, I use the mild
- 4 cups beef broth, I use one of the big boxes of beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can mexicorn, undrained
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Brown ground beef in pot and remove to bowl. Do not drain.
- At the same time prepare macaroni according to directions on package. Drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in grease from the ground beef until opaque and remove to bowl with ground beef. Drain off grease, and return beef, onion, and garlic to pot.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, corn, cream of mushroom soup, and Velvetta. Cook on medium heat until Velvetta is melted.
- Add Macaroni and serve.
Nice! Very easy and tasty, great for a weeknight. I used two boxes of Velveeta Shells and Cheese instead of the macaroni and velveeta separately because the pouches of cheese are easier to deal with (laziness, I know!). Then I crunched up Doritos and sprinkled them on top. Great, yummy recipe!
this was very good. my family says it is a keeper.i wasnt sure if i should drain tomatoes i didn't. thought it was tasty. thanks for the recipe.