Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great recipe from my youth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 -10 ounces elbow macaroni or 8 -10 ounces shell pasta or 8 -10 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 large onion, diced
- fresh ground pepper
- In a 3 quart dutch oven, brown and crumble hamburger.
- Drain off grease.
- Add all 3 cans of tomatos.
- Add garlic.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes untill heated thru.
- In a seperate sauce pan prepare Pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce mix, stir to mix.
- Garnish with chopped onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bread and butter on the side.
One of my fav's growing up daddy! Love you and miss you bunches!! Some people have been known to add corn, i didnt like it but if you like that kind of flavor and texture added to your goulash then i think anyone out there on recipezaar may like it.
I loved this recipe from my youth. I also added celery and celery salt along with some chili powder and some red pepper flakes and thyme.
This is a great recipe that I enjoyed as a child, too. I had always thought my parents had made it up (recipe title included) until I saw it on a website. It's tasty...much better than Hamburger Helper.