Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother used to fix this simple recipe. As a precursor to Hamburger Helper it was really tasty. Substitute the chili powder for paprika if you like your food a little hotter.
- Cook egg noodles per directions, drain and set aside.
- Fry hamburger in large skillet, drain and return to skillet.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, tomato soup, water and seasonings to pan and stir.
- Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add noodles, mix and allow noodles a couple minutes to absorb some sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Yum! This is the kind of food I grew up on. Quick, easy, economical, and delicious! It will definitely go into my rotation of OAMC for singles recipes. Thanks for bringing back some good memories, Mark! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.