Recipe by Rhonda O
From a book my Aunt Debbie shared with me. The Treasury OF White Trash Cooking. I love it!
- 1 head lettuce, large
- duke's mayonnaise
- sour cream
- cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred lettuce thinly.
- Thinly slice cucumber and onion Chop up tomato courselyThrow together in a large bowl or foot tub.
- Add sour cream mayonnaise and cider vinegar until the vegetables are covered about a quarter inch--the salad should be rather thin and"sluicey"---soupy.
- Amounts are probably about 2 pints mayonnaise to one half pint vinegar and one pint sour cream.
- (That`s a guess) Lots of salt and pepper to taste You`ll know when it`s right.
- Runny, Soupy, and wilted.
- It`s better from the ice box.
- And even better left over on sandwiches.
- I Have The Cookbook!