Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I came up with this chili one day when ground turkey was on sale. I soak & cook most of my own beans now. You can use canned beans, just make sure you drain & rinse them before adding them to the crockpot. Adjust the seasoning to your own taste. My family is not big on spicy chili, so I always have some chipotle chili on the table to add to mine. I serve this with my Buttermilk Cornmeal Muffins, Buttermilk Cornmeal Muffins, and a bowl of coleslaw. Make sure to have some grated cheese & a dish of sour cream on the table, so everyone can garnish their own dish as they choose. .
- 340.19 g lean ground turkey
- 118.29 ml diced bell pepper (yellow & orange)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 538.64 g can red kidney beans (I use chili style)
- 395.10 ml navy beans
- 395.10 ml black beans
- 395.10 ml pinto beans
- 236.59 ml corn
- 1.23-4.92 ml ground red chili pepper
- Saute turkey & peppers in olive oil.
- Add all ingredients to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours, or high about 4 hours.
- If chili is too thick, add a 6 oz tin of tomato sauce, or some V8 juice.
- This freezes well.