Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I came up with this chili one day when ground turkey was on sale. I soak & cook most of my own beans now. You can use canned beans, just make sure you drain & rinse them before adding them to the crockpot. Adjust the seasoning to your own taste. My family is not big on spicy chili, so I always have some chipotle chili on the table to add to mine. I serve this with my Buttermilk Cornmeal Muffins, Buttermilk Cornmeal Muffins, and a bowl of coleslaw. Make sure to have some grated cheese & a dish of sour cream on the table, so everyone can garnish their own dish as they choose. .
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper (yellow & orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans (I use chili style)
- 1 2⁄3 cups navy beans
- 1 2⁄3 cups black beans
- 1 2⁄3 cups pinto beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- Saute turkey & peppers in olive oil.
- Add all ingredients to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours, or high about 4 hours.
- If chili is too thick, add a 6 oz tin of tomato sauce, or some V8 juice.
- This freezes well.