Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy party dish. Let it simmer while you are prettying yourself up for the party!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kielbasa (I prefer Hillshire Farms)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 onions, chopped
- Mix all ingredients (except kielbasa) and bring to a boil in a large saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut kielbasa into 1/4-inch slices. Stir into sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for approximately 1 hour.
Too sweet and too much water.
We enjoyed this so much!! I prepared it as written, except I added a little less brown sugar. I was in a bit of a rush so I cooked it on the stovetop uncovered, so the sauce would thicken, for about 30 minutes. It came out fantastic -- the sauce was tangy and fresh-tasting. My son liked it so much that he poured some of the extra over his rice and mixed it in. He's already asked when I'm going to make this again -- it was a real hit with our family!
DH enjoyed these! I followed the recipe as is. This is sweet and bit too much for me. There is a lot of sauce I`m sure it could be cut back. Thanks