Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy and delicious.
Make and share this Slow-Simmered Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH, 6 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti, chicken, or pork.
YUMMY!!! This was great and the next batch I make, I think I'll add some stuff, green peppers, mushrooms etc. But the basic sauce was fantastic. Hubby, who is very very fussy when it comes to spaghetti sauce loved it too. We've had it twice since I made it last Wednesday and I was able to freeze a total of 4 meals. Love this recipe! Thanks!!
BAM!! You just knocked us out with this one Nurse Di. I love my spaghetti sauce without any meat. The flavor of this was outstanding. Cooking it in the crock-pot just made it easy and really brought out the flavor of the herbs. I did like Cheryl and froze this for future use. So indebted to you.
Very impressed with your spaghetti sauce recipe. Has a full-bodied Italian seasoning flavor with nice tender chunks of tomato. I served it over angel hair pasta and sprinkled fresh grated parmesan cheese. We had a wonderful meal.