Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Oh yum...this is good. We love spaghetti and this sauce is the one we use.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large skillet, brown beef and sausage over medium heat until thoroughly cooked and sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine beef mixture and all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, cook you pasta of choice and serve with sauce on top.
This sauce is very hearty. I cooked as instructed except I did not have any tomato paste so I added a can of diced tomatoes with juice. I also cooked it on high for about 4 hours and then turned the heat down to low for 30 minutes to an hour. This makes alot of sauce. I was able to freeze about half for future use. Thanks for the post.
What a good, rich, hearty sauce! Instead of ground beef and sausage, I just added meatballs.