Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Easy and yummy version of Jambalaya made in the slow cooker. Made with ham instead of sausage along with shrimp. Found recipe in, "Simple 1-2-3 Slow Cooker," Cookbook.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups ham, broiled and diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (fresh or frozen)
- Thoroughly mix tomatoes, ham, onions, bell pepper, celery, rice, oil, ketchup, garlic, thyme, black pepper, and cloves in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
- One hour before serving, increase heat to HIGH. Stir uncooked shrimp. Cover; cook until shrimp are pink and tender.