A generous one-dish meal from the oven adapted from a Bobby Flay recipe in Bon Appetit. Do NOT use bagged, chopped greens for this, the tough stems in the mix will ruin it. Get whatever whole greens look best on shopping day: mustard, chard, kale, spinach, etc. You may need to just the saute time for the greens depending upon how tender they are. Use extra Caper Vinaigrette on cooked chicken or a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh greens, washed, ribs and stems removed, sliced crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon mild honey
- skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F Brush a medium baking dish or two individual serving-sized baking dishes with oil, or spray with a cooking release spray. Combine chickpeas, cumin, and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Mash about half of chickpeas with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Transfer chickpea mixture to prepared dish(es).
- 2Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chopped greens and cook, tossing, until slightly wilted, about 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Add honey and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until greens are completely wilted, about 1 to 5 minutes, depending upon variety and tenderness. Transfer to dish(es) on top of chickpea mixture.
- 3Season salmon with salt and pepper; place fillets over greens and and drizzle lightly with oil. Bake until salmon is opaque in the center, 30–35 minutes.
- 4Whisk shallot, lemon juice, mustard, and honey in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Stir in rinsed capers.
- 5Drizzle plated chickpeas, greens, and salmon with Caper Vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Salmon Fillets With Greens, Chickpeas and Caper Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.4
- Calories from Fat 635
- Total Fat 70.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 815.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: