Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
From Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia: This simple preparation brings out the natural sweetness in plum tomatoes.
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with thyme leaves; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tomatoes begin to collapse, brushing occasionally with pan juices, about 90 minutes.