Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
There are a zillion different ways of roasting tomatoes, and I have seen at least 10 on this site alone. I like this one (adapted from a recipe by Karen Martini).
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 60 ml olive oil
- Blanch and peel the tomatoes; halve them.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Chop the thyme.
- Pre-heat an oven to 120 degrees C (250 degrees F).
- Combine and mix all ingredients.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper and place tomatoes in it, cut side up.
- Roast until cooked and very soft (60-90 mins).