2 hrs 15 mins
Meredith in Missouri's Note:
I got this from my sister-in-law and it is simple and really delicious. The nice thing is you can make this even when tomatoes are out of season because it uses romas, which are pretty good year round. Perfect with grilled meats or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 -3 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and lay in baking dish cut side up, close together.
- 2Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- 3Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
- 4Place in 300 degree oven and let roast for 2 hours.
- 5Then remove and lay cheese slices over the tomatoes.
- 6Combine dressing ingredients and pour over the top just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Roasted Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.7
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g