3 hrs 5 mins
I love slowly-roasted tomato sauce, and here's an excellent recipe! You'll have trouble getting your family to wait until it's on the table. :)
My Private Note
batch s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and basil.
- 3Pour half of this mixture onto a cookie sheet and spread it around.
- 4Place tomatoes cut-side down on cookie sheet on top of the oil blend.
- 5Drizzle tomatoes with remaining oil, then sprinkle with the maple sugar and salt.
- 6Bake slowly in oven at 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- 7Blend or process when done.
- 8Serve hot over pasta, rice, or white beans (If you don't have 3 hours, you can roast them at 400 for 30 to 45 minutes or broil for 15 minutes, but it won't taste the same).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Roasted Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.9
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1198.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g