Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From June 2012 Vegetarian Times. Roasting summer tomatoes makes a chewy texture -- use in salads, sandwiches, and quiches. Uses the simplified Herbes de Provence version, Herbes De Provence - Simple Spice Mix from Vegetarian Times #479887.
- olive oil, for greasing baking dish
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 small plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence (see Herbes De Provence - Simple Spice Mix from Vegetarian Times #479877)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for roasting
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for finishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 F (149 C). Brush 13x9-inch (30x20x5-cm) baking dish with oil.
- Insert garlic slices inside tomato quarters, and place tomatoes cut-side up in baking dish. Sprinkle with Herbes de Provence and salt, if desired. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Roast 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until tomatoes are browned on edges and look mostly dry.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and cool. Transfer to jar, cover with lid, and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.