Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A low fat, light sauce, ideal for weight watchers Serves 3
- 1 small tomatoes, on the vine-about 1lb
- 1 onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 150 g parma ham, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 375 g pasta
- 40 g parmesan cheese
- Cut each tomato in half and cover the base of a shallow cooking dish.
- Sprinkle over with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Cut an onion up and mix in with the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with garlic and salt and pepper.
- Add the parma ham, cut into strips and toss the tomato mixture with your hands.
- Cook in a medium oven (180 degrees) for 1 hours.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions-fresh spaghetti works very well.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix through.
- Serve topped with parmamsan and fresh basil.