Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
What a wonderful addition to any appetizer line-up, or just to have in the fridge for snacking purposes! This is courtesy of Tyler Florence.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine the olives and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for about 2 hours.
- Drain the oil out (keep it to use as a bread dip!).
- Serve the olive mixture warm or at room temperature.
- They go nicely with assorted cheeses!
So all restaurants should serve these nibblers at the beginning of a meal for two reasons, #1 because they are so good and #2 because the place would smell of heaven!!! The almonds were a little weird for me (the skins kind of poofed up but were still attached to the nut) so next time I will just add them after cooking. I also added about 8 cloves of garlic to roast with the other ingredients. WOW is this pretty and delish!
These were delicious. So aromatic. Leftovers (if there are any), could be pitted and made into a tapenade.
Pretty to look at and lovely to eat. I enjoyed all the flavors. Made for ZWT Spain 2012.