Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Serve as main or side dish. Use a clay pot for the best taste and use low temp and roast as long as possible to bring out the flavor. Serve over rice or noodles for main meal [4 servings] or serve alone [8 servings] for side.
- 8 cups vegetables, see note
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, see note
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Sunshine lemon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Vegetables use in any desired amounts: carrots, onions, celery, garlic, turnips, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, fennel and parsnips. quarter the onions so they stay together. garlic should be peeled whole cloves.
- Not using clay pot:.
- Preheat oven to 300°F lightly spray a deep lasgne or roasting pan then place vegetables in pan and drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Cover pot and bake 3 hours or until vegetables are tender. Cover roasting pan with foil if using. Raise oven temp to 350F and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss with 2 to 3 tbsp sunshine lemon mustard and place under broiler for several minutes. Check for vegetables to brown slightly and become crisp at edges. WATCH CAREFULLY ON THIS STEP.
- For Clay pot:.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Soak clay pot for at least 15 minutes. Vegetables should be in 2 inch chunks.
- If using clay pot omit oil and leave vegetables damp. Then sprinkle with the salt, rosemary and pepper. toss to coat.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. You can lower the heat and increase the time also. Do not raise temperature Remove from clay pot and place in other container for broiling step.
- Lemon mustard:.
- In med bowl combine mustard, vinegar, honey and salt. Let sit for 2 hours.
- Whisk in yolks, zest and juice. Place in double boiler and cook over simmering water, stir constantly until mustard thickens.
- Transfer to glass container. Let cool cap and refrigerate. IT IS NOT SUITED FOR HOT WATER BATH CANNING. Use within 6 weeks.