Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 9 mins
I worked on developing this recipe over several years because I wanted BBQ restuarant ribs at home. To my delight I think I have accomplished just that...at least my hubby thinks so. The meat falls off the bones with a crispy tenderness that cannot be described.
- 1 baby back rib rack
- 2 tablespoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 dashes ground black pepper (10 grinds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Line a cookie sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil. Cut rack in half and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Mix together in a small bowl the next four ingredients. Rub on both sides of ribs. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours. Remove from oven and drain off excess drippings.
- Set oven to broil. Brush barbeque sauce (I use Mathew's Chinese Style Chick'N Rib Sauce) over ribs and broil watching so the ribs do not burn. Flip ribs over and brush again with sauce and broil. You can also brown the ribs on the grill.
- I serve the ribs with the "recipe #33489" and baked sweet potato.
Followed directions pretty close.....didn't have 5 Spice, but kind of made my own. Tweaked a few other things, but all in all, very good ribs! Well done JCC.