Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe was was given to me by my neighbor. I first tried it at a bbq she was hosting, and I couldn't stop eating it! My family was hooked too. Incredibly moist, tender, and FULL of flavor. I begged her to teach me how to make it, and eventually she did. This is my go-to pork recipe for pulled pork and more.
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 6 garlic cloves (slivered)
- 1 large pork butt (shoulder)
- 2 oranges
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (Original Creole Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1. Poke holes in roast.
- 2. Stuff garlic slivers into holes in roast.
- 3. Mince some of the garlic and rub on the roast.
- 4. squeeze the juice from limes on top
- 5. squeeze the juice from oranges on top.
- 6. sprinkle thyme and rosemary on top and rub it in.
- 7. turn over and do the same on the other side.
- 8. sprinkle the original creole on both sides (cover well).
- 9. sprinkle with olive oil to better brown the meat.
- 10. sprinkle with salt.
- 11. Put in oven at 325 degrees with foil tight around the edges.
- 12. Check at 3 hours-if it looks dry, pour hot water around the roast and add a little salt.
- 13. Takes about 5 hours.
- 14. 165 degrees internal temp=done.