Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Produces tender and juicy pork with minimal fuss. The recipe could be adapted for the oven.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups water
- 5 lbs pork loin
- Heat grill to medium/low heat.
- In a bowl combine chopped garlic, chopped onions, beer, soy sauce, liquid hot pepper sauce and water.
- Transfer loin to a large foil lined pan.
- Make sure that the pan is of heavy quality and safe for use on grill. (cast iron, stoneware, etc.).
- Pour sauce over loin.
- Cover with foil.
- Place pan on hot coals. (Or with gas grill, on grate with heat setting on medium/low.).
- Baste the loin frequently and turn occasionally.
- Roast for 3-1/2 hours or to 160°F on a meat thermometer.
- After roasting, I transfer the basting sauce to a saucepan and thicken for gravy.
The sauce/gravy with this roast is absolutely delicious! It makes a lot and is wonderful over mashed potatoes. I always make it in the oven and have never been disappointed. Thanks sbsbea!
The sauce was great!