Recipe by The Normans
A delicious way to cook a pocket roast (which can sometimes be a little tough and flavourless). This makes a delicious jus. Next time we will double the wine and add 1/2 cup water to see if we can make more!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 kg beef pocket roast
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 130 degrees.
- Mix oil, thyme, tomato paste and garlic and smother the beef.
- Use the prosciutto to wrap the roast and tie with to secure.
- Brown the roast on the stovetop in a baking pan. Add the wine and stock.
- Cover with foil and bake for 4 hours making sure the liquid doesn't evaporate.