Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Another one of hubby's concoctions. Prep time includes marinading.
- 3 large oranges, juice of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 118.29 ml honey
- 78.07 ml sherry wine
- 9.85 ml mint leaves
- 6 parsnips, trimmed and quartered
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Combine orange juice, orange zest, honey, sherry and mint leaves in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Completely line a roasting pan with foil and put the parsnips in a single layer.
- Pour the sauce over the parsnips, turning to coat. Leave to marinate about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning parsnips after 15 minutes. Remove pan and take out excess juice, leaving just a small amount in pan. (Save the juice for future use in the same manner on carrots)
- Return to oven and continue roasting for an additional 40 minutes, turning parsnips every 15-20 minutes until tender and golden.