1/1 Photo of Slow Roasted Parsnips in Orange Honey and Mint Sauce
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Another one of hubby's concoctions. Prep time includes marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- 2Combine orange juice, orange zest, honey, sherry and mint leaves in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Completely line a roasting pan with foil and put the parsnips in a single layer.
- 4Pour the sauce over the parsnips, turning to coat. Leave to marinate about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 5Roast for 30 minutes, turning parsnips after 15 minutes. Remove pan and take out excess juice, leaving just a small amount in pan. (Save the juice for future use in the same manner on carrots)
- 6Return to oven and continue roasting for an additional 40 minutes, turning parsnips every 15-20 minutes until tender and golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Roasted Parsnips in Orange Honey and Mint Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of