Slow Roasted Parsnips in Orange Honey and Mint Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Combine orange juice, orange zest, honey, sherry and mint leaves in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Completely line a roasting pan with foil and put the parsnips in a single layer.
- Pour the sauce over the parsnips, turning to coat. Leave to marinate about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning parsnips after 15 minutes. Remove pan and take out excess juice, leaving just a small amount in pan. (Save the juice for future use in the same manner on carrots)
- Return to oven and continue roasting for an additional 40 minutes, turning parsnips every 15-20 minutes until tender and golden.