Prep 8 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A hearty, unpretentious dish for folks who like their meat and potatoes. Chops are fall-off-the-bone tender and permeated with the flavor. I usually throw some cut potatoes in the casserole dish to eat as a side.
- 6 -7 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup pineapple chunks in juice
- salt and pepper
- Sear chops in oil to just brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix together equal parts ketchup and orange juice (or pineapples in juice)--I usually use about 1 cup of each, but you need enough to cover chops in next step.
- Layer chops in casserole dish with sauce between them.
- Bake covered in 300 degree oven for 3 hours.