I cannot claim this recipe as my own. Its actually a Nigella Lawson recipe (thanks Lifestyle Channel in Australia!!!). It is a super easy and extremely tasty one-pot recipe. I make it summer and winter, but I can see why it is good for summer due to the lightness of the dish. Perfect with either the full contingency of roast veg or equally with a nice light salad, cold or warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC.
- 2Put the chicken pieces into a roasting tin and add garlic cloves, lemon chunks and the thyme; just roughly pull the leaves off the stalks, leaving some intact for strewing over later.
- 3Add the oil and using your hands mix everything together, then spread the mixture out, making sure all the chicken pieces are skin side up.
- 4Sprinkle over the white wine and grind on some pepper, then cover tightly with foil and put in the oven to cook, at flavour-intensifying low heat, for 2 hours.
- 5Remove the foil from the roasting tin, and turn up the oven to 200ºC and cook the uncovered chicken for another 30-45 minutes, by which time the skin on the meat will have turned golden brown and the lemons will have begun to scorch and caramelise at the edges.
- 6Serve straight from the roasting tin to plate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Roasted Garlic & Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.6
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 233.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 58.8 g