Recipe by TJW
Slow roasting the salmon makes the fat meld into the salmon not out of it. This is an awesome recipe from Gourmet magazine. Sweet and spicy, and a melt in your mouth salmon filet. Easy to make too!
- 4 salmon fillets, no skin
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce, from a can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chipotle rub ingredients, and stir well until sugar and salt dissolved.
- Rub half on the filets, and reserve other half.
- Put Steaks in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes per inch of thickness at 225 degrees F.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
- Combine first four ingredients for sauce and reduce to 3/4 cup.
- Remove salmon from oven, and rub the rest of the glaze on them and grill under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, to your desired doneness.
- Combine butter and cornstarch and add to the sauce to thicken, add scallions, and serve over salmon and rice.