Recipe by sexymommalucas
This recipe is from The New Cook’s Tour of Sonoma. Chipotle peppers spice is available from http://www.penzeys.com if you can not find it locally.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 pork shoulder (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 24 small corn tortillas
- 2 limes
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix together the kosher salt and chipotle powder and rub it into the pork, being sure to cover the entire surface of the meat with the mixture.
- Put the pork in a clay roaster or other deep roasting pan with a lid, place the covered roaster in the oven, and turn the heat to 274 degrees. (if you are using a clay roaster, do not preheat the oven.) cook until the pork falls apart when you press it with the back of a fork, 3 ½ to 4 hours. Remove the pork from the oven and let rest, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas on a medium-hot griddle, turning them frequently, until they are warmed through and soft. Wrap them in a tea towel and place them in a basket. Transfer the pork to a large serving platter and use two forks to pull it into chunks. Add the lime wedges to the platter, place the cilantro in a small serving bowl, and serve immediately with the tortillas on the side.