Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
This is a lovely salad dish served chilled or at room temperature, perfect with any grilled meat.
Top Review by Jezski
Make it now, before tomato season is over! I used fresh from-the-garden heirloom tomatoes. Very very good as a side dish. We think it tastes best at room temperature. Many thanks for sharing!
- 6 tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to gas mark 2/300°F/150°C.
- Place tomato halves cut side up in an oven tray.
- Place a garlic slice on top of each half.
- Mix honey, vinegar and olive oil in a bowl and drizzle over the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1 hour, till very soft and lightly charred.
- You can roast the tomatoes up to 1 day in advance, cover and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with oil and vinegar and serve chilled or at room temperature.