Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My neighbour gave me this recipe when I devoured the salad at her house. It really is good!
- 6 tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- extra balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 150ºC/300ºF/gas 2.
- Place tomato halves cut side up in an oven tray.
- Place a garlic slice on top of each half.
- Drizzle over honey, vinegar and oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until very soft and lightly charred, approx 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature; I think it is better at room temperature You can roast the tomatoes up to 1 day in advance and cover and refrigerate.
- That's all there is to it!
Bunny, this is a delicious salad, wonderful with homegrown tomatoes. Made just as written. Thanks for sharing, Janet